How To Install the AVM-1 and the VOIP-20X (with IP Camera) - Peer To Peer
This knowledge article describes the setup of the AVM-1 and the VOIP-20X (With IP Camera) in a peer-to-peer environment:
- Technician has fundamental knowledge in computer networking and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies is recommended for understanding this manual.
- Technician has access to the AVM-1, IP Camera and the VOIP-20X Call Station
- Customer network allowing RTP and SIP on the network segment the AVM-1, VOIP-200 and IP Camera units are connected to. There is no particular order that the devices need to be configured but the suggested config steps are below.
Configure the IP Camera: (Screenshots can be enlarged by clicking on them)
- Log into the IP Camera using Internet Explorer, please launch internet explorer, using a right-click and then selecting run as administrator in order to install the necessary Active-X control. (Factory default IP: 192.168.0.123)
- Allow for the Device to run (Active-X)
- Log in using the credentials assigned to the camera (Factory default login: admin, password: admin)
IP Camera Login Button
- Once logged in, click on the SETUP button
IP Camera Login Fields
- First screen you should see is the NETWORK settings page. If not, click Network link in the left hand navigation under SETUP section.
- Set IP address for IP Camera (Static address highly suggested)
- In this example, we set the camera to 192.168.1.123
IP Camera IP Address Settings
- Click on Users
- Ensure the Free Pass "Enable free login without ID and Password required" checkbox is: CHECKED (This allows the AVM-1 to view camera)
IP Camera Free Pass Setup
- Next, click on the VIDEO tab
- Set the H.264 and the MJPEG settings are configured
- MJPEG (THIS IS WHAT IS USED BY THE AVM-1)
- MJPEG, 320x240, 20FPS
IP Camera Video Settings
- Set the OSD (On Screen Display) - OPTIONAL
IP Camera On Screen Display (OSD)
- Click on Date & Time
- Validate the date and time are correct. Configure if needed.
Configure the VOIP-200:
- Log into the VOIP-20X using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 OR Mozilla 3.5 and above (Factory default IP: 192.168.1.10)
- Click on the Configuration tab then click on IP settings item in the left navigation
- Assign an IP address that can communicate with the IP Camera and the AVM-1
IP Address Settings VOIP-20X
- Click on SIP Settings item in the left navigation
- Assign a Display Name and Directory Number (SIP ID) and click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Special Note: In cases where you plan to call the VOIP-20X Call Station from the AVM-1, entering the IP Address that is assigned to the VOIP-200 (In Static IP mode) as the SIP ID can make it easier to call from the AVM-1
VOIP-20X SIP Settings
- Click on Buttons item in the left navigation
- Assign the AVM-1 to be called when button is pressed on the VOIP-20X
- In this example, we are calling 200 which is what we assign to the AVM-1 in the steps below.
VOIP-20X Button Calling Settings
NOTE: For this example, we are configuring using Static IP and assigning an IP Address of 192.168.1.200
- Power up the AVM-1 and configure the IP address using the Touch Screen of the device
- Go to and tap the GXV3275's Settings application --> Wireless & Network --> Ethernet Settings
- Tap IPv4 Settings
- Tap on "Address Type" to select DHCP, Static IP or PPPoE as the address type.
- For DHCP, save the setting and the GXV3275 should be able to get IP address from the DHCP
server in the network.
- For static IP, enter IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Server and Alternative DNS
server for the GXV3275 to correctly connect to network.
- For PPPoE, enter PPPoE account ID and password so the GXV3275 can get IP address from the
- Once you have assigned an IP Address to the device, Open a web browser and navigate to the IP Address you assigned.
- In this example, we are using 192.168.1.200
- Login to the AVM-1 (Factory default login: admin, password: admin)
AVM-1 Login Page
- Click on the Account tab at the top of the screen
- Ensure Account Active check box is CHECKED "Yes"
- Enter an Account Name to be displayed on the AVM-1's display
- Enter a SIP user ID. (In our example, we use SIP ID of 200)
- Click the Save button
- Click the Apply button at the top of the page
AVM-1 Account Settings
- Click on Call Settings item in the left hand navigation
- Scroll down to Special Feature and click the drop down box and select Baudisch Door System
AVM-1 Special Feature
- Once selected a Configure button will show. Click it to configure the IP Camera and VOIP-20X settings for calls.
AVM-1 Configure Door System
- Set the IP Camera URL using the following string (Replacing <ip_address> with the IP of the IP Camera you setup earlier)
- Set the Door System SIP User ID to the IP address and 5060 of the VOIP-20X you set earlier
- Format: <ip_address>:5060
AVM-1 Door Configure
- Click on OK button once completed
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Save button
- Click the Apply button at the top of the screen again to apply changes
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab
- Click on Call Features item in the left hand navigation
- Ensure the Disable Call-Waiting checkbox is CHECKED
AVM-1 Disable Call Waiting
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button and click the Apply button at the top of the page to save all changes.
- Test the calling of the VOIP-20X Call Station by pressing the button. Verify if the call is made to the AVM-1 and that video is presented to the AVM-1 while ringing and during the connection of the call.
If you need additional assistance, please email us at email@example.com or call 773-539-1100 and select Technical Support.