VOIP-500/VOIP-600 series integration with InformaCast using SLP
- Make sure that the InformaCast environment is setup per Singlewire's instructions and that the multicast functionality has been verified.
- With a VOIP-500, VOIP-600, WEBS-PA1, or WEBS-PA-2IP running firmware 188.8.131.52 or later apply the InformaCast license key as received from Talkaphone.
- Once the device reboots, it should begin a conversation via SLP on the multicast address 184.108.40.206. The InformaCast server will then respond directly to complete the conversation.
- At that point depending on how the InformaCast server is configured, the device will either show up as a new device available to be added or will be auto added.
- If it is not auto added it will show up under speakers that a new device has been detected.
- Once that is completed and the device is available in Singlewire.
- Depending on what device and what it is connected to, you will need to make changes on the Talkaphone IP Call Station or Paging Devices under VOIP > Paging settings, to select the appropriate audio output, and trigger the Auxiliary Outputs(to turn on an amplifier or trigger the strobe light).
- When a notification is sent it will be using another multicast IP address that is configurable in InformaCast.